Tuesday, June 11, 2013

An Unexpected Journey

Megan Layne
Miss South Bend 2013
 Almost a year ago, I received an email from a girl looking for a salon to sponsor her as she competed for the position of Miss Indiana in the Miss America Scholarship Pageant.  I felt a little apprehensive at first, thinking that I was in no way qualified for such a task and sure that she would take one look at me and my salon and run for the hills. I mustered up as much confidence as I could and set up a meeting to see what this was all about.  A few days later, this sweet, adorable young lady walked into my salon, and we both instantly knew this was the right connection.

Megan is such an inspiring young woman with a heart and passion for the things of the Lord.  I was especially impressed with an event she holds every year called the Indiana Miss Amazing Pageant, an event that celebrates the gifts and abilities of girls and women with disabilities.  Not only does Megan organize and run this event, but she has an authentic love for ministering to and serving these girls.  She speaks of them with such love and compassion!  Her life is all about serving God by serving others, an aspiration I wish more Christians would strive for; one I wish I was better at!

Well, I have been doing Megan's hair ever since, preparing for her big week.  Now, the day is almost here and I want to invite you to help me support Megan in her efforts in the Miss Indiana Scholarship Pageant on June 19-22.  First, and most important, be in prayer for Megan and her family as they finish the last minute preparations.  Pray that God would be glorified through her and that people would see Jesus in her life.  You can also help by voting for Megan.  This is just one portion, but can serve as a great help to get her into the top 12 contestants.  Not only are you helping her, but each vote also helps the Children's Miracle Network!  Just click here to vote!

I am so thankful that Megan found me.  Her and her family have been such an amazing blessing in my life, and I am honored to play a small part in what God is doing in her life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment